Sat, May 21|
Ward Canyon/Buckland Ridge Trail Project
Our first trail project is scheduled for Saturday May 21. We will be meeting at the Ward Canyon Trailhead parking lot located below the B above Bountiful at 9:00 A.M. The Forest Service has multiple projects planned so please come join us in giving back to our trails. Fred Dumas - Project Leader
Time & Location
May 21, 2022, 9:00 AM MDT
Davis County, Bountiful, UT 84010, USA
About the Event
Writing to let you all know that I've gone ahead and scheduled our volunteer day in Ward Canyon for Saturday, May 21. It will be focusing on the Buckland Ridge ATV trail just out of Buckland Flats. Please help me spread the word, let's get as many folks there as we can!
We will be picking up trash at the Buckland Flats trailhead, then brushing out the trail with hand saws and loppers. Those comfortable driving the trail can brush it out, if you aren't comfortable driving it or have a full size vehicle, we will pick up trash and install a couple new signs around the Buckland Flats Trail. Details are below:
- Saturday, May 21, 2022.
- Meeting Time:
- 9:00am (0900)
- Estimated length of of project:
- 3-4 hours.
- Meeting Location:
- The Bountiful Staging Area, Dirt Parking Lot at the start of the Ward Canyon Road. Underneath the Bountiful "B". By the new kiosks. (https://goo.gl/maps/W4hz3P9EUNwmPbHG7)
- Ride the Buckland Ridge Trail, and cut overhanging/in the way brush and trees (ATV or smaller UTV required for this task)
- Pick up trash at Buckland Flats
- Run metal magnet over parking lot to pick up pallet nails and make trailer parking safer
- Install a couple new trail signs
- What to bring:
- Your own work gloves
- Your own sunglasses/safety glasses
- Long pants, closed toed shoes
- Seasonally appropriate clothing
- Water and food for yourself
- A Face Mask
- A vehicle appropriate to drive up Ward Canyon
- UTVs, ATVs encouraged.