Sat, Oct 16|
Volunteer Fieldwork - West Canyon Trailhead
Work to be Done • Install one new kiosk at the trailhead • Install a few guide signs and regulatory signs • Build a barricade to close a drive-around allowing access to the ATV trail • Scout the surrounding trail network • We will be using drills and possibly other small power tools, as well as hand
Time & Location
Oct 16, 2021, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Grantsville, Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Fores, Dugway, UT 84022, USA
About the Event
• West Canyon Trailhead, Stansbury Mountains, Tooele County • Google Maps Link, GPS: 40.59181, -112.57289
• If you want to drive an OHV to the trailhead, there are a few places along the road where you could park your trailer. Two examples are below, but there are likely more. Please respect any signage along the road or at pullouts. This area is a mixture of public and private lands. Possible places to leave your truck and trailer are:
1.) GPS: 40.59998, -112.523423
2.) GPS: 40.59885, -112.5416
What to bring
• Your own gloves if you have them
• Your own sunglasses/safety glasses if you have them
• Long pants and closed toed shoes or boots
• Seasonally appropriate clothing
• Water and food for yourself
• A Face Mask if needed
Rides in the Area
• The West Canyon ATV trail directly off the trailhead is a beautiful ride. ATVs and smaller UTVs can make it all the way to the top of the trail. Larger UTVs may get a little stuck towards the top of the trail. The trail is fairly rocky but not too technical.
• OHVs of all sizes can drive the trails around West Canyon. Trails can be a bit technical and many are not well maintained or official trails.
• The land here is a patchwork of public and private land. Please respect any signage indicating travel restrictions in a particular area.