Tue, Aug 01|
Bryce Canyon City
Bryce Canyon Spectacular
Ride leader - Paul Keoppel Trails around Bryce Canyon and a day in the park.
Time & Location
Aug 01, 9:00 AM – Aug 05, 4:00 PM
Bryce Canyon City, Bryce Canyon City, UT 84764, USA
About the Event
We will be staging each day from Ruby's Inn with no trailering needed. There are several hotels in Bryce Canyon City. If you stay in Panguitch you will need to trailer about 25 miles one way each day. CAMPING - Ruby's Inn has a large full-hookup campground. If you plan on camping, reserve early and then cancel if you have a change of plans.
While this is a 5 day ride, the plan is not to ride every one of those days. We plan on riding north of Bryce Canyon a couple of days and west and south of it the other two days. Tenative plan is:
- Tuesday - Ride Fremont trail and Casco Canyon
- Wednesday - Ride the northern loop of the Paunsaugunt trail system
- Thursday - Take a day off. We plan on going into Bryce Canyon National Park for some R&R for saddle weariness. You can explore trails on your own, unguided, if you desire.
- Friday - Powell Point, a spectacular 11,000 foot overview of much of southern Utah
- Saturday - Ride the southern loop of the Paunsaugunt trail system. This part overlooks scenes as if you were in the National Park, but is machine legal.
Riders may not want to take the entire week at Bryce Canyon. No problem, pick which days you want to join us, whether it be 1, 2,3 or all of the rides. Make it as short or long as you wish.
RIDE NOTES ARE PUBLISHED.